Art Fair & Artist- in-Residence Program
Miami Art Week 2019
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: NOVEMBER 20th
JADA Art Fair
For years a large Miami building was closed for business. We, JADA Artists, have stepped in to turn it into a space for dialogue, reflection, and local purpose! JADA does not believe in gentrification, we work directly with community members to bring out what they have always envisioned. They participate in designing the art experience every step of the way, even in theme and concept. That is the essence of JADA movement. Thus this year’s JADA Art Fair is a unique and immersive art exhibition experience in a space repurposed for art!! Join us! *Not your traditional art fair
Art in the 21st Century has largely shunned narrative-based artwork, claiming it as passé and obsolete. While “art for art’s sake” is a valid argument, art for the sake of remembrance and teaching, and for reflecting and inspiring, should also be celebrated. Thus, JADA boldly recognizes the invaluable role of folklore, history, allegory, and even religion in the process of making and experiencing art.
During Miami Art Week 2019, JADA invites artists to engage in thought-provoking discussions, the making of art, and to produce immersive art exhibits aimed at reclaiming narratives central to the human experience.
Artist submission description: Theme that deal with Diaspora (Jewish, black, Cuban, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, etc), family and tribal narratives, hidden identities, experiences with xenophobia, adaptation to new environments, hybridization of language, fragmentation of customs and traditions, cultural fusions, generational conflict, immigration, persecution, adaptation, longing, and the return home.
Medium: Approaches may vary widely in-depth, focus, and scope, ranging from 2D, small 3D pieces, Performance, and Film.
To participate, follow steps 1,
2, 3, and 4:
1. Declare yourself a JADA ARTIST by agreeing to the JADA MANIFESTO.
2. Send us an email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with a link to your online portfolio and with a brief statement about how your art pieces fit within our exhibition theme.
3. Wait 24hrs for approval
4. Enroll in the JADA MIAMI ART WEEK EXHIBIT by paying the $10 Enrollment fee at (register button below) and wait for further instructions.
Description of the 8-Day JADA program:
4 days of daily topic discussions, studio practice, art critique, visit to local art venues, and networking with curators, academics, gallerists, and local artists.
4 days of JADA Miami Art Week Exhibit, which includes installation, art openings, VIP dinners, art parties, a gala, an interview as a guest artist for the Wandering Masters Art Salon podcast, and an artist profile in a professional digital catalog of the exhibition (with artist photo, biography, and list of exhibited artworks).
$999 (for the entire program): Includes the enrollment in the artist-in-residence program (theory and studio practice), critique, curatorial assistance, participation in all exhibits, VIP openings, parties, and (1) WMAS podcast interviews as guest artist. This does not include cost for airfare, (2) lodging, or meals. This does not include the cost of shipping artwork.
$550 (Art Fair Inclusion) Pricing for emerging to mid-level artists to showcase artwork (up to 4 artworks, no larger than 36" by 36") in the exhibition (Salon Style Curation) December 5-8th during art fair hours. This does not include the cost of shipping artwork.
$499 (Reduced Enrollment fee): For art students enrolled in a BFA or MFA program. This does not include the cost of shipping artwork.
For all applicants: Please write a one-page statement explaining your motivation to be part of the JADA Miami Art Week, and whether you are requesting a full scholarship or reduced enrollment fee.
1. The Wandering Masters Art Salon is a new creative group founded by visual artists; Dana Blickensderfer and Jonatas Chimen. They come together to ignite the passion for the arts through live performances, drawing atmosphere and a wide range of exhibitions, with guest artist participation. The salon's environment is set to be much like the salons of the 19th Century; Wandering Masters Art Salon contributes to various interactive exhibitions by other living artists whose works all have a focal point to the thematics around contemporary society, specific academic subjects relating to progressive art and controversy.
2. Lodging at nearby hotels at a preferential rate, and options at nearby hotel and hostels.
3. Enrollment fees do not cover costs for artwork shipping, airfare, lodging, meals, art material, or art shipping.
4. Any sales of artwork that happens during the duration of the program must go through the JADA system.
Sales split is as follows:
*Artists who pay the full $999 fee: artists sales receive 65% to the artist and 35% to JADA.
*Artists who pay anything other due to scholarships, or student enrollment: artists sales receive 50% to the artist and 50% to JADA.
5. JADA holds no liability for personal and/or material damages throughout the program.
Upcoming Art Residency + Art Exhibition Dates
Miami Beach | Art Basel Week
Exhibition: Dec 5-8
5.3 Miles Away From The Convention Center